In the mid 1930's, Brother Granville Tyler came to the Capshaw community and held a gospel meeting under a "Brush Arbor Tent". Soon after that gospel meeting, Brother Carl Richter, with fourteen women began meeting at the Capshaw Club House. A few weeks later, Brother Jack Lindsey and three more women attended. Those two men and the seventeen women were the beginning of the congregation at Capshaw.
The church continued to meet at the Capshaw Club House until they moved to the building on Smith Drive. The deed to the Smith Drive property was dated 1937 and the building was probably built the same year.
The first regular preacher to work with the congregation was Brother Reynolds; he preached the first Sunday of each month.
A faithful group of Christians worshipped at the building on Smith Drive from 1937 until it was sold in 1996 to Dr. B.C. Sahu of Athens. The building underwent several renovations during these years (1937-1996) to accommodate growth.
The pulpit, communion table and two chairs were among the few contents of the Smith Drive building which were moved to the new building. These items date back to the early 1930's and were donated by Sister Martina Ackerman in 1950. The furniture was previously used in the Central church of Christ building on Clinton Avenue in Huntsville, Alabama.
The first services were held in the new building at 29755 Capshaw Road on Sunday, July 14, 1996. Brother Everett Conn preached the first sermon in the new building and the subject of his lesson was "Unity". Approximately 85 attended the Sunday morning service.
In 2004, Brother Norm Webb, Sr. began preaching at Capshaw and continues today. In late 2015, the congregation selected two men to serve as elders, Brother Norm Webb, Sr and Brother Steve Cook. A few months later, eight men were appointed as deacons.
In 2019, Brother Norm Webb, Sr. retired from full time preaching and the congregation hired Brother Berlin (Buc) Chumbley to work with the group. Today, there are approximately 110 members of the congregation.